Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECS / Jobs / using the Burst Compiler planned ?
(18-01-2019, 06:46 PM)josemendez Wrote: Using chunk iteration API instead of mindlessly injecting stuff around made a lot of difference in performance for us. However, it felt quite dirty to use, so I hope it evolves into something less verbose.

Interesting. Haven't even tried that out yet but mainly because all of the entities i have always need updating so there's probably no gain doing it this way. Will read up on it though. Thx for the great support you show for your products here. Much appreciated!
Hey no offence if you are from the States, its not meant in a bad way but I always get the idea that everyone in a forum is from the States so outta curiosity..... who isnt??
(18-01-2019, 06:46 PM)josemendez Wrote: Using chunk iteration API instead of mindlessly injecting stuff around made a lot of difference in performance for us. However, it felt quite dirty to use, so I hope it evolves into something less verbose.

Hello, there.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on the amazing work with all Obi packages.

I'm working in a game that will be published for Nintendo Switch and I'd like to know if you had any news on the ECS implementation.

Thanks
(11-06-2020, 12:15 PM)glennseso Wrote: Hello, there.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on the amazing work with all Obi packages.

I'm working in a game that will be published for Nintendo Switch and I'd like to know if you had any news on the ECS implementation.

Thanks

Hi there!

It's pretty much done. Soon (read as in around a week or so) I will open a forum post announcing a public beta, for anyone who's interested. It is a beta just because we've been the only ones testing it and we think it would be beneficial to get feedback before the production release, but should be quite robust.

kind regards,
(11-06-2020, 02:29 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

It's pretty much done. Soon (read as in around a week or so) I will open a forum post announcing a public beta, for anyone who's interested. It is a beta just because we've been the only ones testing it and we think it would be beneficial to get feedback before the production release, but should be quite robust.

kind regards,

Thank you so much for the quick answer!
(11-06-2020, 02:29 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

kind regards,

This is exciting, console support is the biggest reason I was holding off on trying Obi Cloth (interested in Switch/Xbox/PS). Will this support be available to current owners of Obi assets, or would this be a new asset?
(07-08-2020, 11:40 PM)threepaczilla Wrote: This is exciting, console support is the biggest reason I was holding off on trying Obi Cloth (interested in Switch/Xbox/PS). Will this support be available to current owners of Obi assets, or would this be a new asset?

Yes, it will be available to all current owners at no extra cost. Simply upgrade to Obi 5.5. once it is out.

We're close to wrapping up the 5.5 beta, so it will be on the store soon.