Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  non convex mesh collider
hello everyone, 

You have a glass that we use non convex mesh. When we use Obi fluid, the liquid flows out of the glass. Our aim is to lift the glass with our hands when the liquid is filled in the glass. How we can solve this problem.
(13-01-2023, 12:38 PM)ugurcamoglu35 Wrote: hello everyone, 

You have a glass that we use non convex mesh. When we use Obi fluid, the liquid flows out of the glass. Our aim is to lift the glass with our hands when the liquid is filled in the glass. How we can solve this problem.

Hi,

This is called tunneling and is very common in all game engines. You need to make sure the mesh is moved in a physically consistent way, eg: make sure it's a rigidbody, and if you're moving it by directly setting its transform, make sure that it's kinematic. If it's not kinematic, you must move it by applying forces to it.

Note this applies not only to Obi, but to physics simulation in general and rigidbody physics as well as particle-based fluids in particular.

The following video may be helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0Z35GY6pk

Also, see the "FaucetAndBucket" sample scene for reference.

kind regards,
Thanks for the quick response. I'll recheck what I've done.

Good days.
(13-01-2023, 12:41 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

This is called tunneling and is very common in all game engines. You need to make sure the mesh is moved in a physically consistent way, eg: make sure it's a rigidbody, and if you're moving it by directly setting its transform, make sure that it's kinematic. If it's not kinematic, you must move it by applying forces to it.

Note this applies not only to Obi, but to physics simulation in general and rigidbody physics as well as particle-based fluids in particular.

The following video may be helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0Z35GY6pk

Also, see the "FaucetAndBucket" sample scene for reference.

kind regards,

It was very useful to inform me. We fixed the problem thank you very much Sonrisa
Good Days