Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surface Collisions?
Hello!

What was the status of surface collisions for softbodies? If they're not supported yet, is the plan still to support them and and so what's the timeline? 

I think these could be a game changer for me as I find small (radius ~0.5m) softbodies intersecting larger ones (radius ~2m) at moderate speeds and I can't add enough particles in a performant way to stop this.

Thanks for your time!

Matt
(28-11-2021, 03:31 PM)MattS Wrote: Hello!

What was the status of surface collisions for softbodies? If they're not supported yet, is the plan still to support them and and so what's the timeline? 

Hi there!

Not supported yet, but the 6.3 release is a stepping stone towards supporting them. They will be added in 6.4, which should ship around february-march 2022.

cheers!
(29-11-2021, 08:25 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

Not supported yet, but the 6.3 release is a stepping stone towards supporting them. They will be added in 6.4, which should ship around february-march 2022.

cheers!

That's great news, I'm really looking forward to this next update! Thanks for letting me know Sonrisa
(29-11-2021, 04:42 PM)MattS Wrote: That's great news, I'm really looking forward to this next update! Thanks for letting me know Sonrisa

Did surface based collisions ever make it into Obi Softbody? If not, are there plans to add it still? 

Thanks for your time!
(02-10-2022, 10:42 AM)MattS Wrote: Did surface based collisions ever make it into Obi Softbody? If not, are there plans to add it still? 

Thanks for your time!

Not yet, but there's plans to add them. They will arrive during Obi 7's development cycle.

kind regards,
(03-10-2022, 07:48 AM)josemendez Wrote: Not yet, but there's plans to add them. They will arrive during Obi 7's development cycle.

kind regards,

That's great to hear! Thank you for all you do  Sonrisa
(03-10-2022, 07:48 AM)josemendez Wrote: Not yet, but there's plans to add them. They will arrive during Obi 7's development cycle.

kind regards,

Awesome, can't wait!