Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  No fluid in runtime + strange view in editor [FIXED !]
Hi!

(sorry for bad english, french inside....)

I have two problems.

I have tried several times and each time I have the same behavior. So I started from scratch to have a clean example.
For the test case, I took the FluidViscosity sample without any modification except on the Emitter replacing the shader by Obi/URP/Particles since I am in URP (in fact this change nothing...)

On the installation side, everything has been added (burst & co). Nothing more (new project).

version

Obi fluid : 6.4

Unity: 2019.4.31f1

Two problems:

1) annoying but minor.

In the editor, in execution, I have side by side the display of the scene and the display of the game. Depending on the position of the display on the stage side, the fluid is not displayed on the game side. At first I thought it was zooming, moving away the fluid was displayed on the game side, but after several manipulations it actually depends on the display of the plane that serves as the ground! See images cas1_[1/2/3]: I just have to turn the display to see the ground from below and the display becomes ok on the game side. The hidden area on the game side seems to correspond exactly to the display area on the floor on the stage side. If i just desactivate the mesh renderer of "TestEnvironnement" the fluid is ok in game side...

2) much more annoying

I make a windows build and run the executable.

The fluid is not displayed at all!

Is there anything special to configure on the build/player setting side?

(NB : no problem with unity particle)

I add in PJ the rendering configuration.

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi there!

Your URP pipeline has both depth and opaque textures turned off. This means the fluid won't be depth-sorted correctly with other objects in your scene (might even disappear completely) and refraction won't work properly either.

You must enable both, as explained in the manual as well as the URP setup video:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ering.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Uv5ecj...cnaiy5PYL_

Quote:except on the Emitter replacing the shader by Obi/URP/Particles since I am in URP (in fact this change nothing...)

This won't have any effect because you're not rendering particles, but the fluid surface.

kind regards,
(28-04-2022, 12:55 PM)josemendez Wrote: ...

Merci !!! Cela résout mes deux problèmes !

Thank you !!! This solves both my problems!