Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Four ropes linked at the bottom?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a heck of a time. I would like to have four ropes, stationary at the top, and linked together at the bottom. When something hits one rope they should all react because of the bottom link. Is there an example of such a setup I could look at?
(19-03-2023, 03:22 PM)dmenn Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a heck of a time. I would like to have four ropes, stationary at the top, and linked together at the bottom. When something hits one rope they should all react because of the bottom link. Is there an example of such a setup I could look at?

Hi!

Yes, check out the "FreightLift" sample scene included with the asset. Its setup is identical to what you describe: 4 ropes statically attached at the top, and dynamically attached to a rigidbody at the bottom.

Note it is necessary to use a two-way (dynamic) attachment with a rigidbody for all ropes to react when one of them is hit, if using a static attachment no forces would be transferred between ropes. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

kind regards,