Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Nintendo switch support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
Currently we are making games using your asset (obi Rope) and aiming for the release of Nintendo switch in the future, but it seems that obi Rope is not yet Nintendo switch support, but as it will be supported in the near future Will it be?
By the way, I attempted to build Nintendo switch for trial, but I could not.
Perhaps I think the library file is the cause.
(20-02-2018, 07:55 AM)sase6101 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
Currently we are making games using your asset (obi Rope) and aiming for the release of Nintendo switch in the future, but it seems that obi Rope is not yet Nintendo switch support, but as it will be supported in the near future Will it be?
By the way, I attempted to build Nintendo switch for trial, but I could not.
Perhaps I think the library file is the cause.

Hi,

There's no nintendo with for now, and probably won't be in the near future. The physics library has not yet been ported to it, so it won't run at all there. Next platforms that will be supported are UWP and Linux.
(01-03-2018, 02:03 PM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

There's no nintendo with for now, and probably won't be in the near future. The physics library has not yet been ported to it, so it won't run at all there. Next platforms that will be supported are UWP and Linux.

Thank you for reply
I understood about the question.
By the way, is it possible to get the original source of the library file?
Hi,

I would like to re-open this thread since I am also interested in using Obi Rope on the Nintendo Switch (mainly bought the asset for that and I realized it doesn't work on the platform later).
Additionally this forum thread is by far the one with more views in the forums so I was wondering if you guys changed your mind and would support the Nintendo Switch in the near future.
I would really appreciate an answer to consider other alternatives in case there are no plans.

Many thanks for your time.

Salu2.
(30-01-2019, 03:29 AM)OmaCris Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I would like to re-open this thread since I am also interested in using Obi Rope on the Nintendo Switch (mainly bought the asset for that and I realized it doesn't work on the platform later).
Additionally this forum thread is by far the one with more views in the forums so I was wondering if you guys changed your mind and would support the Nintendo Switch in the near future.
I would really appreciate an answer to consider other alternatives in case there are no plans.

Many thanks for your time.

Salu2.

Hi,

The path for us is to port Obi to ECS. There's a thread on the topic: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...hp?tid=637

This would enable support for all platforms automatically, including Switch. We have already started this transition, but it will take some time before it is completed, around a year being optimistic.
Many thanks for your quick reply. That sounds great, I'll keep an eye on the forums and updates of the asset Sonrisa
Hi Jose, just following up on this topic, what is the current status of Nintendo Switch support please?
(07-03-2023, 12:00 AM)pgames Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jose, just following up on this topic, what is the current status of Nintendo Switch support please?

Supported since Obi 5.6 when using the Burst backend.
(07-03-2023, 08:06 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Supported since Obi 5.6 when using the Burst backend.

Thank you!