Obi Official Forum

Full Version: should I buy obi rope for my use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.This asset look to be perfect for my use, but I have few questions before buying it:

- I need the rop to break in a precise point and a precise tension.

The rope need to be at a precise distance between the strating point and the ending point before to break, and break at the middle or a choosen point.

Is it possible?

Thank you for your answer : )
(15-02-2023, 10:31 AM)edhoo Wrote: [ -> ].This asset look to be perfect for my use, but I have few questions before buying it:

- I need the rop to break in a precise point and a precise tension.

The rope need to be at a precise distance between the strating point and the ending point before to break, and break at the middle or a choosen point.

Is it possible?

Hi,

By default, ropes break at the point of most tension. If you need it to break at a specific point, you must implement that yourself. This also can be done, by iterating trough rope elements and calling the Tear() method on them: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ropes.html

There's an included sample scene that cuts ropes at user-specified points using swiping motion on the screen, similar to the "Cut the rope" mobile game.

kind regards,