Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Softbody Stickness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I have spinning cylinders. When my car comes over the spinning cylinders, I want the cylinders to throw my car to the other side. How can i do that?

[attachment=1622]
(10-01-2023, 03:43 PM)patriot4947 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 

I have spinning cylinders. When my car comes over the spinning cylinders, I want the cylinders to throw my car to the other side. How can i do that?

This should just happen automatically, as long as your cylinders and the softbody have non-zero friction (note stickiness has nothing to do with this, stickiness acts in the normal contact direction while friction acts in the tangential direction).

Make sure you're using a collision material with non-zero friction, see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...rials.html
(10-01-2023, 03:46 PM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]This should just happen automatically, as long as your cylinders and the softbody have non-zero friction (note stickiness has nothing to do with this, stickiness acts in the normal contact direction while friction acts in the tangential direction).

Make sure you're using a collision material with non-zero friction, see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...rials.html

Of course, I used collision material with friction(set as 1 and 0) and that's not happen automitically. Am i missing something?
(10-01-2023, 03:52 PM)patriot4947 Wrote: [ -> ] 
Of course, I used collision material with friction(set as 1 and 0) and that's not happen automitically. Am i missing something?

Well if friction is not zero, off the top of my head it can only be one of two things:

- Friction constraints are globally disabled in the solver (in your ObiSolver component, under the "Constraints" foldout, make sure friction constraints are enabled).

- Your rollers are not actually being physically simulated, but just reoriented manually by setting their transform's rotation. For friction and other velocity-dependent properties to be accounted for, objects must be rigidbodies, and they must be rotated either by applying a torque to them or by using a motorized joint. This applies to "regular" Unity physics as well. Easy way to test if this is the problem is to check whether your rollers can move a simple box rigidbody.
(10-01-2023, 03:56 PM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Well if friction is not zero, off the top of my head it can only be one of two things:

- Friction constraints are globally disabled in the solver (in your ObiSolver component, under the "Constraints" foldout, make sure friction constraints are enabled).

- Your rollers are not actually being physically simulated, but just reoriented manually by setting their transform's rotation. For friction and other velocity-dependent properties to be accounted for, objects must be rigidbodies, and they must be rotated either by applying a torque to them or by using a motorized joint. This applies to "regular" Unity physics as well. Easy way to test if this is the problem is to check whether your rollers can move a simple box rigidbody.

I added RigidBody and problem solved. Thank you.
(10-01-2023, 04:10 PM)patriot4947 Wrote: [ -> ]I added RigidBody and problem solved. Thank you.

No prob! Let me know if you need further help. Sonrisa