Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Make CPR dummy physics in soft body
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I have a CPR dummy mesh. I want to create a soft body that compresses like a CPR dummy. Right now when I apply a force the whole body kind of jiggles like jelly. But instead, when I apply a force I want it to be able to compress that section and have no effect on the areas farther from it. Then I also want it to decompress back to its original shape when the force is completed. I am using a surface blueprint not volume. would using volume help? 

Do you have any advice? I have been trying to accomplish this for about 2 weeks now. 

Thanks
What if instead of applying a force you do it by moving a collider against the chest (Invisible if you want). So you can leave it in place for as long as you want, and then release it for decompression.
(03-01-2023, 06:09 PM)bpthegreat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 

I have a CPR dummy mesh. I want to create a soft body that compresses like a CPR dummy. Right now when I apply a force the whole body kind of jiggles like jelly. But instead, when I apply a force I want it to be able to compress that section and have no effect on the areas farther from it. Then I also want it to decompress back to its original shape when the force is completed. I am using a surface blueprint not volume. would using volume help? 

Do you have any advice? I have been trying to accomplish this for about 2 weeks now. 

Thanks

Hi!

Increase the solver’s “damping” parameter to make the simulation lose energy faster (so that it doesn’t jiggle as much), and use the plasticity options in the softbody’s shape matching constraints to make them retain some deformation.

See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...aints.html

kind regards,