Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Obi Rope Grappling Hook Sample Scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! So I've started to dive into Obi Rope and the features are awesome. The grappling hook scene is close to exactly what I need for my game. However, I've noticed one issue that I am having some issues resolving. Within the Obi Rope grappling hook sample scene when I shoot the rope, it extends as normal, however upon reaching a certain distance the rope stops appearing to extend, but in the background I believe it is still extending because after a short period of time the rope is visually drawn to the screen and the rope anchors to the object I have clicked on, however the rope slingshots my character in a way that it doesn't seem it should. To reproduce, try moving a cube to the very edge of the screen within the sample scene and attempt to hook to it. I was wondering if any else ran into this issue and knows how to solve it in a way so that my character hooks to the object without this odd slingshot effect and visual issue. Thanks in advance!
(31-10-2022, 06:50 PM)Filip_Bencin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! So I've started to dive into Obi Rope and the features are awesome. The grappling hook scene is close to exactly what I need for my game. However, I've noticed one issue that I am having some issues resolving. Within the Obi Rope grappling hook sample scene when I shoot the rope, it extends as normal, however upon reaching a certain distance the rope stops appearing to extend, but in the background I believe it is still extending because after a short period of time the rope is visually drawn to the screen and the rope anchors to the object I have clicked on, however the rope slingshots my character in a way that it doesn't seem it should. To reproduce, try moving a cube to the very edge of the screen within the sample scene and attempt to hook to it. I was wondering if any else ran into this issue and knows how to solve it in a way so that my character hooks to the object without this odd slingshot effect and visual issue. Thanks in advance!

I was able to fix my issue by increasing the particle pool size of Grapple Hook Script