Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Radius 0, but cloth fall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I don't see what I missed, but I definitely missed something sorry !
I have a travel cloak and I want the upper part of it to not be "obi simulated", so I put the particules radius to 0 to make them stick to the initial skinned mesh like I read in the documentation.
But unfortunately, the modified particules are still dropping down, probably affected by the gravity.
So my question is : what did I do wrong? or is there another way to remove some particules from the simulation?

test assets (unity)
Ah ! Stupid me, I forgot the burst collision world in the scene... Sorry for the bad package !

Thanks !
Have a nice day ^^
(06-05-2022, 10:23 AM)Celes Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I don't see what I missed, but I definitely missed something sorry !
I have a travel cloak and I want the upper part of it to not be "obi simulated", so I put the particules radius to 0 to make them stick to the initial skinned mesh like I read in the documentation.
But unfortunately, the modified particules are still dropping down, probably affected by the gravity.
So my question is : what did I do wrong? or is there another way to remove some particules from the simulation?

test assets (unity)
Ah ! Stupid me, I forgot the burst collision world in the scene... Sorry for the bad package !

Thanks !
Have a nice day ^^

Hi!

You zeroed the radius (that is, the physical size of the particle) not the skin radius. The skin radius value for all particles is set to 0.05:

[Image: vk6ZnS1.png]

As a result, your particles are extremely small (see the above image) but still can move freely around their skinned position up to a distance of 0.05 units from it. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...aints.html

kind regards,
(10-05-2022, 09:20 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

You zeroed the radius (that is, the physical size of the particle) not the skin radius. The skin radius value for all particles is set to 0.05:

[Image: vk6ZnS1.png]

As a result, your particles are extremely small (see the above image) but still can move freely around their skinned position up to a distance of 0.05 units from it. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...aints.html

kind regards,

I couldn't feel more ashamed, sorry about it!
And thanks Sonrisa