Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Rope broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why the rope broken? I only duplicate it from the previous rope.
I'm having a hard time to tweak it. Any solid idea on how to properly set the rope?

image: https://pasteboard.co/QYL1gOUTmziu.png
(28-03-2022, 07:28 AM)aliakbarm Wrote: [ -> ]Why the rope broken? I only duplicate it from the previous rope.

Simply duplicating a rope should not pose any problem. Both the blueprint and the actual mesh used for rendering will be identical to the original. Can you give some more details? Is this rope inside a solver? is it being updated by any ObiUpdater component?

Quote:I'm having a hard time to tweak it. Any solid idea on how to properly set the rope?

What do you mean by "tweak" it? Isn't adjusting the path's control points working properly?
(28-03-2022, 08:03 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Simply duplicating a rope should not pose any problem. Both the blueprint and the actual mesh used for rendering will be identical to the original. Can you give some more details? Is this rope inside a solver? is it being updated by any ObiUpdater component?
Yes it's already setup like the given example. The points are set like in the image. But still the rope is broken

Quote:What do you mean by "tweak" it? Isn't adjusting the path's control points working properly?
It's not in my case. Sometimes at the start point or end point the rope length exceed the point or it's glitched
(28-03-2022, 09:50 AM)aliakbarm Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it's already setup like the given example. The points are set like in the image. But still the rope is broken
It's not in my case. Sometimes at the start point or end point the rope length exceed the point or it's glitched

I'm unable to reproduce what you describe, also no similar reports from other users. Modifying the path control points should immediately update rope mesh.

Would it be possible for you to send a repro project/scene to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com so that I can take a look at it?

thanks!