Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Lock Collided Particles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, I want to throw cloth on the rope from the sky. Colliding particles need to be frozen (locked, etc.). I made the cloth and the rope. Cloth interacts with ip but I can't lock it. Think of it like the clothesline on which the cloth hangs.

Edit: Btw i need full controll all particles with script. Cuz i need unlock particles and move cloth.
(11-03-2022, 02:17 PM)solanadeksiyah Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys, I want to throw cloth on the rope from the sky. Colliding particles need to be frozen (locked, etc.). I made the cloth and the rope. Cloth interacts with ip but I can't lock it. Think of it like the clothesline on which the cloth hangs.

Edit: Btw i need full controll all particles with script. Cuz i need unlock particles and move cloth.

Hi there!

You can use Obi's particle API to get full control over all particle properties:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...icles.html

To freeze a particle, set its inverse mass to zero:
Quote:Inverse mass: Inverse mass for each particle. An inverse mass of 0 means the particle's mass is infinite, so its position will be unaffected by dynamics (allowing you to override it manually)

let me know if I can be of further help. cheers!