Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Path Editor not showing on 2021.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been going through the video tutorials and noticed a Path Editor window that shows up when editing the path. I'm running Unity 2021.2.0b10, and this window doesn't show up. I saw a thread from a few years ago that mentioned resetting the layout to the default, which I tried with no luck. Is this a known issue in Unity 2021 or is there something else I can try to get it showing up?
Hi!

Beta and alpha versions of Unity are not officially supported. This being said, the path editor window does show up for me in 2021. Do you have multiple inspector windows open?
(13-09-2021, 11:13 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

Beta and alpha versions of Unity are not officially supported. This being said, the path editor window does show up for me in 2021. Do you have multiple inspector windows open?

No, and I tried resetting to the default layout, which obviously removes any extra windows and it still won't show. I assume there must be some other setting that I'm missing.
(13-09-2021, 02:10 PM)goldfire Wrote: [ -> ]No, and I tried resetting to the default layout, which obviously removes any extra windows and it still won't show. I assume there must be some other setting that I'm missing.

I'm unable to reproduce this. Have you tried a non-beta version of Unity?

Also, are there any errors appearing in the console?
Yes, it does appear to be a beta issue. I created an empty project on 2021.2.0b10 and the path editor won't show. I created another on 2021.1.20f1 and it does work. Maybe related to the new transform tools overlay in the scene view, which was added in 2021.2?
(14-09-2021, 10:06 PM)goldfire Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it does appear to be a beta issue. I created an empty project on 2021.2.0b10 and the path editor won't show. I created another on 2021.1.20f1 and it does work. Maybe related to the new transform tools overlay in the scene view, which was added in 2021.2?

Hi!

I don't know for a fact, but additional overlays in the scene view shouldn't affect existing windows. They're independent from each other.
I will try to reproduce this and report the bug to Unity.

kind regards,
(13-09-2021, 03:20 AM)goldfire Wrote: [ -> ]I've been going through the video tutorials and noticed a Path Editor window that shows up when editing the path. I'm running Unity 2021.2.0b10, and this window doesn't show up. I saw a thread from a few years ago that mentioned resetting the layout to the default, which I tried with no luck. Is this a known issue in Unity 2021 or is there something else I can try to get it showing up?

I do have the same problem in 2021.2.2f1 apple silicon version. Resetting the layout unfortunately didn't help.
(14-11-2021, 09:30 AM)fishing-rod Wrote: [ -> ]I do have the same problem in 2021.2.2f1 apple silicon version. Resetting the layout unfortunately didn't help.

Hi there,

The editor shows up fine for me (in 2021.2, apple silicon):

[Image: Y192Tqh.png]

Just make sure gizmos are enabled. Otherwise the path control gizmos nor the window will show up.
Hi! I have the same problem on 2021.2.2f1
its very wierd behaviour, gimos are there, show up with first click but with box sellection? And then you can move them even I cant see them

but 2021.2.0f1 is working - but without the menu in scene editor to add/remove points etc. I can prepare blueprints in older version as workaround, but hope it could be fixed
(15-11-2021, 02:59 PM)insideoutMcface Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I have the same problem on 2021.2.2f1
its very wierd behaviour, gimos are there, show up with first click but with box sellection? And then you can move them even I cant see them

Hi there,

This seems to be a different issue than the one pointed above (the path editor window not showing). I could reproduce this on Windows, but seems to be a bug in Unity: using the Handles. family of functions in OnSceneGUI has no effect in 2021.2, works fine in all previous versions.

I will investigate further and create a bug report for Unity.

Edit: seems someone beat me to it. This is a known bug in Unity 2021.2 and a fix is being worked on:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/position...2.1197511/
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/...e-selected
Pages: 1 2