Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Synty Banner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, 
 just purchased OBI Cloth...
I'm on Unity 2019.4

I'm trying to make Synty's banners as cloth, but them are 3D models, and them won't react at all  Indeciso
The parent object is the Solver.

[Image: ef6ONxX.png]

[Image: LznpMhe.png]

I've also edited the Mesh, to make it flat, but still won't react... what I miss? Triste
Hi!

- What does your blueprint look like? The screenshots only shows the ObiCloth component.
- Is the mesh 2-manifold? Obi does not support non-manifold (malformed) meshes.

Also, is the mesh sufficiently subdivided? it looks extremely low-poly, without enough vertices the simulation will look poor.

kind regards,
Even if it have few vertex should react in some ways, anyway I could increase the subdivision, it's not a big issue, 
the problem is that it won't react at all.

On the blueprint I've selected all vertex of the staff that holds the banner and set it as Staff.
[Image: gYVqfXT.png]
[Image: brFYCcm.png]

Also in a desperate test I've parented the banner with the solver present on the Wind Demo scene but nothing happens.
[Image: QbNsr0I.png]
At lease I would expect that it will fall down but nothing happend Astuto

here is the blueprint (part of it)  at job done
[Image: lrVOiT4.png]

Thank you for your patience  Gran sonrisa
(14-09-2021, 03:56 PM)MaximilianPs Wrote: [ -> ]Even if it have few vertex should react in some ways, anyway I could increase the subdivision, it's not a big issue, 
the problem is that it won't react at all.

On the blueprint I've selected all vertex of the staff that holds the banner and set it as Staff.
[Image: gYVqfXT.png]
[Image: brFYCcm.png]

Also in a desperate test I've parented the banner with the solver present on the Wind Demo scene but nothing happens.
[Image: QbNsr0I.png]
At lease I would expect that it will fall down but nothing happend Astuto

here is the blueprint (part of it)  at job done
[Image: lrVOiT4.png]

Thank you for your patience  Gran sonrisa

Have you added your solver to a ObiFixedUpdater component? If the solver is not in any updater’s list, it won’t be well... updated Sonrisa. It’s the only cause for this off the top of my head. If this is not the case and the solver is indeed updated by an updater, I’d have to take a deeper look.

Also, try adding a ObiParticleRenderer component to your cloth. You should be able to see the individual particles in it, if it’s correctly set up.
Finally I've got some result with Particle Attachment in dynamic mode and with a collider.
Also the banner react to ObiColliders  Gran sonrisa

[Image: ziPEVl0.png]

But performance aren't great, I'm talking about FPS.
Any advice?
Maybe installing Jobs Maths and Burst can help?
(16-09-2021, 08:51 AM)MaximilianPs Wrote: [ -> ]Finally I've got some result with Particle Attachment in dynamic mode and with a collider.

Attachments simply "glue" a particle group to a transform. The simulation should run regardless of having attachments or not, so not sure what happened there.

Quote:But performance aren't great, I'm talking about FPS.
Any advice?

There's many parameters in Obi and Unity that will affect physics performance. However such low-poly cloth should have basically zero runtime cost. How many ms/frame are you getting? Can you share a pic of your profiler?

Installing Jobs, Maths and Burst and switching to the Burst backend will only marginally improve performance, nothing too noticeable.
(16-09-2021, 08:58 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Installing Jobs, Maths and Burst and switching to the Burst backend will only marginally improve performance, nothing too noticeable.

I see indeed, In Cloth Render component by setting Copy From Normals improve the performance a bit.

But actually I'm working on an Laptop I5 5200U with 8Gigs and a Radeon R5 M230, but I'm pretty sure that Unity is working with the Intel 5500  Rodar ojos

I'm pretty sure that on my main pc will be fine anyway I'll send you the scene via mail.
Thank you again.
(16-09-2021, 10:26 AM)MaximilianPs Wrote: [ -> ]I see indeed, In Cloth Render component by setting Copy From Normals improve the performance a bit.

As long as you don't need tangent vectors in your mesh, this is the cheapest mode indeed.

Quote:But actually I'm working on an Laptop I5 5200U with 8Gigs and a Radeon R5 M230, but I'm pretty sure that Unity is working with the Intel 5500  Rodar ojos

Obi runs 100% on the CPU, so which GPU you're using has no impact on performance whatsoever.