Obi Official Forum

Full Version: "Max Distance" like Unity Cloth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Unity Cloth, there is "Max Distance" constraints. 
And it can weight paint per vertex.

I wanna do the same thing in Obi Cloth(not in Obi Skinned Cloth), but I could not figure out how to do... Huh

Help me...!!
(05-08-2021, 09:17 PM)DOSUKOIMURA Wrote: [ -> ]In Unity Cloth, there is "Max Distance" constraints. 
And it can weight paint per vertex.

I wanna do the same thing in Obi Cloth(not in Obi Skinned Cloth), but I could not figure out how to do... Huh

Help me...!!

Unity's cloth *is* skinned cloth. The equivalent of "Max Distance" in Obi is "Skin radius", but this is only available in skinned cloth too just like in Unity. It can also be painted using a brush tool in the blueprint editor.

It does not make any sense to have "max distance" in non-skinned cloth, since this is the distance from the skinned position of each vertex. There's no skinned positions in non-skinned cloth to calculate a max distance from.
(06-08-2021, 08:00 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Unity's cloth *is* skinned cloth. The equivalent of "Max Distance" in Obi is "Skin radius", but this is only available in skinned cloth too just like in Unity. It can also be painted using a brush tool in the blueprint editor.

It does not make any sense to have "max distance" in non-skinned cloth, since this is the distance from the skinned position of each vertex. There's no skinned positions in non-skinned cloth to calculate a max distance from.

I understood that completely.

Thanks a Lot !!!!! Corazón Corazón Corazón