Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Le Krock Mort - Only Femme | Music Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Worthless Idea created this music video using Obi Fluids.
Here's the quote from the Reddit post:
"Decided to play around with Obi Fluid for a music video. The tool is amazing! All real-time using Unity Recorder. The artist was recorded on a green screen and I added a simple billboard script to it."

Thanks for sharing!

Hello Lidia,

Thanks a lot for sharing the video, it's a very creative way of using Obi. 

I have a problem and I would like to ask for some advice as you might have encountered it too. I'm using the Unity Recorder to capture some simulations in 360 but I'm having problems with the fluids (cloth seems to work fine). If I set everything as adviced in the youtube videos I can see the beautiful result in the Unity screen, wich is the image of the only camera in the scene, but when I try to record it in 360 the video doesn't show the fluid. I tried activating the option render fluid in the emiter and the particles do appear in the video but it's not beautiful as you see the particles and not the final result. I wanted to ask you if you had some troubles recording it or if there is some configuration I could be missing. Thanks a lot !
(If I take a normal "2d" video the fluids are shown)
(30-06-2021, 12:56 PM)dfierro Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Lidia,

Thanks a lot for sharing the video, it's a very creative way of using Obi. 

I have a problem and I would like to ask for some advice as you might have encountered it too. I'm using the Unity Recorder to capture some simulations in 360 but I'm having problems with the fluids (cloth seems to work fine). If I set everything as adviced in the youtube videos I can see the beautiful result in the Unity screen, wich is the image of the only camera in the scene, but when I try to record it in 360 the video doesn't show the fluid. I tried activating the option render fluid in the emiter and the particles do appear in the video but it's not beautiful as you see the particles and not the final result. I wanted to ask you if you had some troubles recording it or if there is some configuration I could be missing. Thanks a lot !
(If I take a normal "2d" video the fluids are shown)

Hi there!

Fluid is rendered using a technique known as screen-space ellipsoid splatting. You can find a simpler version of the technique described here: https://developer.download.nvidia.com/pr...ffects.pdf

The manual also describes the process, see the "how it works" section of the "Fluid Rendering" page:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ering.html

In order to do this, the renderer has to have knowledge about the projection being used by the camera. Obi supports only perspective and orthographic projections, which are the only ones supported by Unity cameras out of the box, and the ones used in pretty much all games.

The Unity Recorder package hijacks camera rendering and uses a custom projection matrix (probably spherical/cubemap/dual paraboloid, etc) to render a 360º view. Since Obi does not support projection types other than perspective or orthographic, fluid isn't rendered in 360º.

As of now there are no plans to support custom projections in the fluid renderer, so this is something that can't be worked around without writing some shader code. If you have some programmer(s) in your team, getting this to work would involve: taking a look at Unity Recorder's source code, work out what type of projection they use for 360º, then implement the exact same projection in Obi's fluid renderer (ObiFluids.cging file is the main one you're interested in: it contains methods that convert from Z value to eye space depth, and reconstruct eye space position from depth, all depend on the kind of projection used).

Cloth/Ropes/Softbodies do not perform any rendering of their own, they simply output a mesh. So 360º projections and any other custom rendering stuff will just work with them.