Obi Official Forum

Full Version: URP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
New user here.
I have created a blueprint with my mesh, which is just a simple curtain. 
I then created the Obi cloth and used my blue print.
The curtain is pink, as if it is using the wrong renderer, but I am not sure how to fix that in this scenario.
I am using URP.
Thank you.
(17-10-2020, 06:27 PM)bc732 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
New user here.
The curtain is pink, as if it is using the wrong renderer, but I am not sure how to fix that in this scenario.
I am using URP.
Thank you.

Select your object's material and switch to any URP-compatible shader (such as Universal Render Pipeline/Lit), like you would for any other object in Unity. Note this is not Obi-specific, it's just how you adapt any material in Unity to work with URP.

cheers,
(17-10-2020, 07:28 PM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Select your object's material and switch to any URP-compatible shader (such as Universal Render Pipeline/Lit), like you would for any other object in Unity. Note this is not Obi-specific, it's just how you adapt any material in Unity to work with URP.

cheers,

Oh duh, I didn't see that the mesh renderer didn't have a material assigned.  Thanks lol
(17-10-2020, 06:27 PM)bc732 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
New user here.
I am using URP.
Thank you.
I am having an issue with the backfaces, the material doesn't appear regardless of what other style of material I use for it, did you ever get it working on URP?

I tried everything so far, I just got the asset so I am certain there is something I am missing. any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: For anybody having trouble with this, make sure that the material you are using for the backface has a "Render Face" set to "back". I feel silly for taking to long to figure it out.

Click the back material, Switch to either Complex Lit or any other URP rendering method, and pick a render face accordingly, Illustrated below.
(15-04-2022, 05:10 AM)RandomizedAF Wrote: [ -> ]I am having an issue with the backfaces, the material doesn't appear regardless of what other style of material I use for it, did you ever get it working on URP?

I tried everything so far, I just got the asset so I am certain there is something I am missing. any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: For anybody having trouble with this, make sure that the material you are using for the backface has a "Render Face" set to "back". I feel silly for taking to long to figure it out.

Click the back material, Switch to either Complex Lit or any other URP rendering method, and pick a render face accordingly, Illustrated below.
Hi!

Cloth is just a regular mesh, with the particularity that its vertices move around. In all other regards it is just like any other object, so materials/shaders behave just like they do for all other objects.

In this case, making it double-sided works the usual way, like you discovered. Note you can also apply 2 materials to it (front-facing and back-facing) in case you want a different look for each side.

Kind regards,