Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Obi Cloth particle editor doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unity 2019.3.6f1. Tryed blue print sample from the package on a brand new unity, the editmode is very buggy. When i select particle in the viewer it shows as it's working but it's not. Everything else works like a charm but it makes impossible to fix problemes when the clothes go inside the mesh.
(10-07-2020, 02:45 AM)Ritstyle Wrote: [ -> ]Unity 2019.3.6f1. Tryed blue print sample from the package on a brand new unity, the editmode is very buggy. When i select particle in the viewer it shows as it's working but it's not. Everything else works like a charm but it makes impossible to fix problemes when the clothes go inside the mesh.

Hi there,

Works just fine for us, can you elaborate on what it means "shows as it's working but it's not"?
(10-07-2020, 08:07 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Works just fine for us, can you elaborate on what it means "shows as it's working but it's not"?
Simple, if i edit a blue print and invert selection it doesn't select anything. I just can't select particle anything particle editor related doesn't work.
(10-07-2020, 08:57 PM)Ritstyle Wrote: [ -> ]Simple, if i edit a blue print and invert selection it doesn't select anything. I just can't select particle anything particle editor related doesn't work.

Selection inversion works fine, so does particle selection Huh. What platform are you using the editor in? Windows, Mac, Linux?
(10-07-2020, 09:21 PM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Selection inversion works fine, so does particle selection  Huh. What platform are you using the editor in? Windows, Mac, Linux?
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.ExitBlueprintEditMode () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:229)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at <3e481e8f36eb4d4c8d94b9ba6b2be438>:0) i get this error too when i press "Done" to exit the blueprint editor , i'm on windows 10.
(10-07-2020, 09:31 PM)Ritstyle Wrote: [ -> ]NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.ExitBlueprintEditMode () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:229)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at <3e481e8f36eb4d4c8d94b9ba6b2be438>:0) i get this error too when i press "Done" to exit the blueprint editor , i'm on windows 10.

Hi,

This is weird to say the least, that error points to a variable that holds the last open scene in Unity before entering the blueprint editor. It being null means that there was no scene open, which is not possible in Unity as far as I'm aware: there's always a scene open.

We've tested this in Windows 10, but could not get the error to appear, or the editor to behave the way you describe. Also we have had no similar reports, closest thing we have in our bug tracker is the paint tool misbehaving (offset from the mouse cursor) in high-density screens.

Can you help us reproduce this?:
- Has it happened every time you've tried to edit a blueprint, only with certain blueprints?
- Does it happen if you try to edit one of the included blueprints?
- Do you see any errors in the console prior to entering the blueprint editor?
All blue print does the same result, new  fresh project do the same. I get bunch of error on install too, but the simulation works its just the particle editing side that doesnt. As soon as i select "Edit" in blue prints, the new scene i built but nothing appears on the right i have to reselect the blueprint and there it just doesn't work
(10-07-2020, 09:53 PM)Ritstyle Wrote: [ -> ]All blue print does the same result, new  fresh project do the same. I get bunch of error on install too, but the simulation works its just the particle editing side that doesnt. As soon as i select "Edit" in blue prints, the new scene i built but nothing appears on the right i have to reselect the blueprint and there it just doesn't work

What errors do you get during install? This is not normal.
Will try several machines to try and reproduce it in any of them, then get back to you.
I'm on a URP project , here the errors i get:
_ First on asset import i get a warnng about obsolete api, then it ask me if i want to keep going or not. Either choice doesn't matter, same results.
_PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (20) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
Obi.CrossPlatformInput.Inspector.CrossPlatformInitialize:SetEnabled(String, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs:130)
Obi.CrossPlatformInput.Inspector.CrossPlatformInitialize:.cctor() (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs:22)
UnityEditor.EditorAssembliesLenguarocessInitializeOnLoadAttributes(Type[])

_PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (17) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
Obi.CrossPlatformInput.Inspector.CrossPlatformInitialize:SetEnabled(String, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs:130)
Obi.CrossPlatformInput.Inspector.CrossPlatformInitialize:.cctor() (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs:22)

_Then i get 173 errors about libOni
(10-07-2020, 10:24 PM)Ritstyle Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on a URP project , here the errors i get:
_ First on asset import i get a warnng about obsolete api, then it ask me if i want to keep going or not. Either choice doesn't matter, same results.
_PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (20) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

_PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (17) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

_Then i get 173 errors about libOni

If the errors about libOni are DllNotFoundExceptions, this is to be expected, as it's a limitation of Unity: It can't hot-load native libraries, it requires a restart after importing them. After restarting, no errors should appear. See our FAQ:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/

This is nothing to be concerned about (nor is the obsolete APIs warning, as it depends on the Unity version you're using) and won't affect the editor in any way.

Will try to reproduce the original issue and get back to you.
Pages: 1 2