Obi Official Forum

Full Version: whats wrong with this cloth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is a lady with obi cloth(skinned). cloth mesh setting:
[attachment=695]

when i run the scene, the cloth goes to the air~
[attachment=696]

this is solver setting, i tried to use all initial settings, or close all options, or enlarge the particle numbers, problem not solved.
[attachment=697]

this is cloth setting, also, i tried to close everything, tried to modify particle radius,etc, problem not solved.
[attachment=698]

PS:
This is happened in several of my models.  In one of it , I rebind it many times using different ways, and the problem solved, but i dont know why.

PS2: for the first image, i noticed the notes: Closed: False.  Is this the reason?  What is closed means?
(23-05-2020, 07:49 AM)lloydhuang Wrote: [ -> ]this is a lady with obi cloth(skinned). cloth mesh setting:

when i run the scene, the cloth goes to the air~

this is solver setting, i tried to use all initial settings, or close all options, or enlarge the particle numbers, problem not solved.

this is cloth setting, also, i tried to close everything, tried to modify particle radius,etc, problem not solved.

PS:
This is happened in several of my models.  In one of it , I rebind it many times using different ways, and the problem solved, but i dont know why.

PS2: for the first image, i noticed the notes: Closed: False.  Is this the reason?  What is closed means?

Hi,

Your mesh is non-manifold (as the warning in the first screenshot is telling you). Non-manifold meshes are not supported by Obi. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html

"Closed" means that the mesh completely encloses a volume and has no holes in it, like a balloon. This is not an issue, it only means that volume constraints will not be available (because air can't be contained inside the mesh).
(23-05-2020, 10:17 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Your mesh is non-manifold (as the warning in the first screenshot is telling you). Non-manifold meshes are not supported by Obi. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...setup.html

"Closed" means that the mesh completely encloses a volume and has no holes in it, like a balloon. This is not an issue, it only means that volume constraints will not be available (because air can't be contained inside the mesh).

Thank you!