Obi Official Forum

Full Version: IndexOutOfRangeException in Sample Scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Obi-Team
Today I bought your Rope Asset. But each sample scene crashes at start, because of IndexOutOfRangeExceptions.
(I work on Mac 10.12.6 (16G29) with Unity 2017.2.0f3 Personal (64bit) if that helps. )

E.g. in the scene "RopesAndJoints":
IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
Obi.ObiSolver.UpdateActiveParticles () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:408)
Obi.ObiSolver.AddActor (Obi.ObiActor actor, Int32 numParticles) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:324)
Obi.ObiActor.AddToSolver (System.Object info) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiActor.cs:221)
Obi.ObiRope.AddToSolver (System.Object info) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRope.cs:380)
Obi.ObiActor.Start () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiActor.cs:134)

What am I doing wrong?

Best
Livio
(02-11-2017, 07:05 PM)Yomadorr Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Obi-Team
Today I bought your Rope Asset. But each sample scene crashes at start, because of IndexOutOfRangeExceptions.
(I work on Mac 10.12.6 (16G29) with Unity 2017.2.0f3 Personal (64bit) if that helps. )

E.g. in the scene "RopesAndJoints":
IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
Obi.ObiSolver.UpdateActiveParticles () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:408)
Obi.ObiSolver.AddActor (Obi.ObiActor actor, Int32 numParticles) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:324)
Obi.ObiActor.AddToSolver (System.Object info) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiActor.cs:221)
Obi.ObiRope.AddToSolver (System.Object info) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiRope.cs:380)
Obi.ObiActor.Start () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiActor.cs:134)

What am I doing wrong?

Best
Livio

Hi there,

Did you restart Unity after importing the asset? usually Unity will not correctly import libraries (.dlls, .bundles, etc) until the next restart.

cheers,
ok, now it works.

i had to reimport standardassets/crossplatforminput ...

thanks Gran sonrisa